Wakefield Bridge steel shingles are manufactured from new and recycled steel. Unlike common asphalt shingles made from fossil fuels, they aren't subject to the fluctuations of world market oil prices. Contrary to discarded asphalt shingles clogging our landfill sites, they are entirely recyclable.
Unlike regular steel roofing panels, the Wakefield Bridge steel shingles are designed with four interlocking sides and an integrated nailing strip, which gives a clean appearance with no exposed fasteners.
Our steel shingles are protected by our proven oven-baked Polyvinyledene Fluoride (PVDF) paint system with Kynar 500® resin and the most advanced "Cool Roof®" solar reflection technology ensuring exceptional protection from solar radiation and reducing the cost of summer air-conditioning.
Of all roofing materials, it is well known that metal roofing is by far the longest lasting roofing material. One only needs to travel the countryside to see century-old homes and agricultural buildings with steel roofs still standing solid and proud.
Although some of them are a little rusty and discolored on the surface, they have endured countless years of battering from the elements and are still weatherproof. Of course, in earlier days, steel roofing materials did not enjoy the benefits of today’s rust resistant metal coatings, technological advances in oven-baked paint systems and solar reflection qualities all bonded to the steel surface at the factory.
Times have changed since then. Residential steel roofing materials are now available in a wide variety of designs and colors to complement any style of home. Today’s steel roofing materials offer unmatched durability, lasting as much as 4 to 5 times longer than asphalt shingles.
They are so reliable, beautiful and appealing to the eye that they are not only used in roofing applications for residential, commercial and industrial buildings, but also as cladding on inside and outside walls of prestigious commercial, institutional and industrial buildings, professional sports venues and other private and public facilities.
Metal roofing has been around for more than a century. Used originally for commercial, industrial and agricultural buildings, today’s metal roofing also comes in steel shingles in a variety of attractive contemporary colors.
STEEL SHINGLES LOOK FANTASTIC ON ANY TYPE OF RESIDENTIAL ROOF
These extreme weather conditions and variations in winter temperatures combine with extreme hot summer peaks, blistering sun, sudden high gusts of winds and heavy flash downpours causing flooding and sewer backups and water infiltrations subjecting roofs to water infiltrations and blown-off shingles.
Only the protection of a new steel shingled roof can resist these extreme weather conditions. A quality Wakefield Bridge steel shingle roof is your barrier against all weather-related aggressions. Steel shingles are at least 60 percent lighter and more resistant than asphalt shingles, concrete and clay tiles, cedar shakes and slate roofing materials, and stronger than aluminum shingles. In addition, steel shingles are energy efficient and require no maintenance. They will not curl, crack, rot, break, chip, peel, streak or perforate under normal use — as will asphalt shingles over time — and they will outlast any other roofing material. Wakefield Bridge steel shingles carry a 50-year transferable warranty and will likely last a lifetime.
With a quality steel roof on your house, Old Man Winter doesn’t stand a chance!
ARE STEEL SHINGLES MORE EXPENSIVE THAN
REGULAR ASPHALT SHINGLES?
Lifetime protection is the reason for the higher cost!
Consider a steel roof a lifetime investment that will reward you with a higher resale value when the time comes to sell your house. And you will save money in the long run. In addition, because they are so lightweight, steel shingles can be installed over your existing asphalt shingles, saving you the expense of removing the old shingles, disposing of them and carting them off to a landfill site.
And our Wakefield Bridge steel shingles come with a transferable 50-year warranty.
Because, when you are ready to move on, you want your house to retain its best resale value.
Steel shingles last at least 4 to 5 times longer. It may even be the last roof you install on your house for as long as you live!
So if they last at least 4 to 5 times longer, THEN THEY ARE LESS EXPENSIVE. It is a fact that steel shingles do cost more at the outset than regular asphalt shingles… about 50 percent more or less depending on the model you choose, the location of your construction or renovation project, your roofing contractor or installer and the complexity of your roof. In the long term, it's another story!
MONEY TALKS. LET’S DO THE MATH!
For example, let’s say it costs you $6,000 to re-roof your house with traditional asphalt shingles that will last you 15 years before they need to be replaced.
Example based on an average annual inflation rate of 2.1% from 2000 to 2013, and supposing the inflation rate remains at 2,1% annually for the next 50 years, here is what the real cost of re-roofing would be for the average homeowner, if he or she had to replace the roof every 15 years. Cost of materials only. Increases over and above 2,1% annually in the cost of steel and transportation are not factored into this calculation. Installation cost not included.
Cost of re-roofing with conventional asphalt shingles over 50 years
The most economical solution or the best quality solution for the long term? Draw the conclusion: the cost of re-roofing every 15 years for a total of 50 years would be 6,4 times the cost of re-roofing ONCE AND FOR ALL with Ideal Roofing’s WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles.
WHY YOUR ROOFING CONTRACTOR MAY ATTEMPT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND SWITCH YOU OVER TO REGULAR ASPHALT SHINGLES?
There may be quite a few reasons for your roofing contractor or installer, and even your building lumber sales representative, to try and discourage you from installing steel shingles... even if you are convinced of the superior qualities of a steel roof and are willing to invest the money.
Many of them are not used to selling the product and doing the necessary calculations to give you an accurate quote.
It is a little more work for them to give you a correct estimate for your type of roof, depending on roof pitch, shape, area to be covered, number of gables, dormers, skylights, valleys, trim and other features of your house.
They do not always know where to find reputable steel roof installers and the skilled tradesmen that will do a good job in their neck of the woods.
It may take longer and more precision to install steel shingles than it does to slap down and tack squares of asphalt shingles on any type of roof. As with every business, roofers and building lumber want to keep things simple and don’t want to be bothered with orders and sales that are out of the ordinary, as they are intent on serving as many customers as they can in the least amount of time.
Roofers and lumbers generally carry a large inventory of asphalt shingles normally purchased in springtime for consumption throughout the year. They prefer liquidating their inventory rather than ordering Wakefield Bridge steel shingles on a special-order basis even if delivery may only take a few days.
Finally, both roofers and lumber salespeople know that if you install steel shingles on your roof, you may not need to buy shingles from them anymore… because you will not need roofing materials for another 50 years. Let’s not kid ourselves! That’s not very good for their business as these people earn their living with repeat customers having to change their roofs every 10 to 15 years.
10 GOOD REASONS TO INSTALL WAKEFIELD BRIDGE STEEL SHINGLES
1. LONG-LASTING. Because you don’t want to have to re-roof in 10 or 15 years, WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are an investment that pays for itself over and over again as times passes. WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are long-lasting and carry a transferable 50-year warranty which increases the resale value of your house.
2. ATTRACTIVE AND LIGHTWEIGHT. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are aesthetically pleasing to the eye with vibrant colors in a matt finish that blends in with your neighborhood and they look great on any type of roof. In addition, they are lightweight — at least 60 percent lighter — and more resistant than asphalt shingles, concrete and clay tiles, cedar shakes and slate roofing materials. Than asphalt shingles, concrete and clay tiles, cedar shakes and slate roofing materials.
3. STRONGER THAN ALUMINUM. It is a fact that Wakefield Bridge steel shingles are stronger, thus will not dent as easily, yet are less expensive than aluminum shingles. In time, aluminum shingles will deteriorate under the effect of oxidization.
4. RUST RESISTANT. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are protected with a corrosion-resistant first coating of zinc and aluminum called GALVALUME, then a second coating of primer paint and finally, a third coating of an oven-baked PVDF paint film with added Kynar 500® resin.
5. DURABILITY. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles won’t curl, crack, rot, break, chip, peel, streak or perforate under normal use. Neither will they leave ugly, long, dark, vertical tar streaks and shed loose granules to clog your gutters like asphalt shingles do, as they have a smooth finish.
6. RESISTANT TO 241 KM/H OR 150 mph WINDS. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles will resist driving acid rain, ice and hail storms, heavy sleet and snow falls, wind gusts up to 241 km/h or 150 mph, stinging frost, blistering sun, insects, pine needles, and even burning embers from brush or forest fires.
7. NOT SUBJECT TO VARIABLE OIL PRICES. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are manufactured with new and recycled steel, and are not subject to the fluctuations in the cost of fossil fuels and world market oil prices.
8. COOL-ROOF TECHNOLOGY. Because WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles enjoy the most advanced Cool Roof® solar reflection technology ensuring exceptional protection from solar radiation and reducing the cost of air-conditioning.
9. ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY BECAUSE THEY ARE RECYCLABLE. Contrary to asphalt shingles clogging our landfill sites after their useful life, WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles are made in part of recycled steel and are 100% recyclable at the end of their extended life-cycle, thereby contributing to the protection of our environment.
10. HIGHER RESALE VALUE. With their 50-year transferable warranty, WAKEFIELD BRIDGE steel shingles bring added value to your house. Contrary to a house with a roof covered with asphalt shingles, your will retain a higher resale market value when you are ready to move on.